Friday, September 12, 2008

woozy

Well, I had my surgery and it went very well. Only three stitches. Caroline took the day off work to help out with the kids and drive me to and from the doctor's on Tuesday. Anyone who has seen me on medication, (ie; Adrien's birth) knows that I get a bit loopy on anything that is supposed to help make me numb or alter my state of being for a while. I don't know what it is, but I just go a little crazy. This time was no exception. They put me on a drug that made me incredibly sleepy but wasn't meant to completely knock me out. I thought I fell asleep, but in reality I was just laying there talking to these people for a half hour while they took the metal out of my finger. Apparently it was funny though, they said that it was a great way to end the day and "very entertaining." Hmm.... makes me wonder what I said.

I took my bandage off a day early this morning because I was just too itchy. They had my entire hand wrapped up in this huge bulky wrapping. It didn't make anything very easy, especially changing diapers. I was suprised to notice that as I was cleaning my stiches and cut that I got a bit woozy agian. When it first happened, I thought I was going to faint and today felt very similair to that. But I have a huge bandaid on it now, as per instructions and am still off dish duty for another week so I am nothing but gratefull.

Hope everyone has a happy friday.

No comments: