Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oh... California...


well, it might not actually be raining today, but the air certainly has that feeling. it could be from all the rain the previous 4 days, I just do not like it. we moved up here (Washington) for my husband's career, from California. We had just found out we were pregnant with Adrien when he was accepted into the IUOE Training Program for Crane Operators. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I hate it here, but I definitely prefer California.
I miss my sunshine in the dead of winter. The avocados, the fruit, the rivers, the beaches, the canyons, the roads, the plants and yes, even the smog congested air. We have been trying to get down there for about the past six months now and it's driving me crazy. All of my family is down there and my old friends. We've only been up here for 1 1/2 and I have been so busy being a Mommy and being pregnant that I just have not had any time to make any friends... at all. It's really rather sad. I miss going to lunch with the girls, I miss talking to girls! Isabella, at 5 months is just not quite what you would call sociable.
I used to work in a flower shop, I lived in Downtown Sacramento. Which if you've been there can be quite beautiful, especially this time of year. They have the most beautiful trees... the flowers, people's gardens alone are worth a walk there. Now I live in this very winter type environment, I stay at home with my babies. In order to go for a walk, I have to make sure that both are fed and happy, have had a nap. Then, I get Isabella dressed and finally Adrien. Now, if you've ever tried to get a toddler dressed you know the challenge that lays ahead of me. I have to first find his clothes and hope they are clean. Then I wrangle him either on the floor or on the changing table, only to find that along the way I have dropped something that I must have right away, diaper or wipe... Once I have found said thing I have to re-wrangle him. I have to fight him into his clothes and shoes and little doggy back pack leash. I put the carrier on, I put Izzy in the carrier. Then, we can go... Oh wait, I've forgotten my keys or something.
So we leave, and now it is chasing Adrien around the parking lot or the back area for maybe twenty minutes to when he decides that he is done and throws himself on the ground with vigorous force. Sometimes it just isn't worth it.

No comments: