Thursday, December 31, 2009

What a year

I started this morning out with some reading and some beer. Maybe not healthy, but what else is a Momma to do when she is all alone on the eve of a new year, eh? Plus, it was just one.


Since then, I have made a batch of gnocchi to put up in the freezer, some soup for a sick friend and some pear pastry puffs, which still need a bit of caramel cinnamon glaze on the top. Right now, however I am about to get comfy in my bed for a bit more reading and maybe a little nap. Later, I am headed out to a friends house for a few minutes to drop off said puffs and then... On a date!

This date is with vest guy. That's what my friends and I are calling him and I don't want to put his name out here, just in case. He is a pretty great guy though. A little bit older than me, at 3o, but I figure that that is OK. He has an organization that helps victims in Burma and is about to start doing art therapy at the Seattle Children's Hospital. Now that you know what I know you can probably understand why I am nervous as heck to go tonight. But, I know that I'll be fine as long as I am myself.


I am not exaclty making an resolutions this year, but I do want to take out the trash that is clogging my path. I want a clean, fresh start to this year and that means that Scott has got to get off the couch by the 10th like he said he would. No more understanding on my part, it has been too long. I will stand up for myself and be strong and he will leave. There is no more room here.
As for the kids, I want them to continue to grow and love and be happy. They are such an amazing part of my life.


I can't wait to see what the new year is going to bring.

Hoping for new, that's for sure!

Happy New Year!

No comments: