Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Poor Man

Today, Scott came home a bit late. He did yesterday, too. The difference is that today is the last of him coming home late. Instead he will be coming home very, very early. His company is starting a new job tomorrow that is way behind schedule because of our recent weather. Half of the crew will be starting work at 5 am and the other half will start at 1 pm. The 5 am crew gets off at 1 pm and the 1 pm crew gets off at 9 pm. Scott landed in the 5 am crew, which really in and of itself is not that awful. The awful thing is that because we live in Mt. Vernon now he has to get up at 2:30 am tomorrow and for who knows how long. He will be out the door by 3:15 and on his way to somewhere past the Ikea here. It is approximately an hour and a half drive for him. We knew something like this was going to happen eventually, I just feel so bad for him.

He works so hard to keep us a float and he doesn't do so well with being tired. I find him passed out in the wierdest places and in the weirdest positions sometimes. I feel awful. The problem is, is that at this point for me to go back to work, even just on the weekends, it would cost us more money than I could make at this point in time. We have one car, which he uses to get to and from work. I would have to take a bus, which is no problem, except that I would be busing two babies to daycare, to work and then back to daycare and home again. Or I could just work on the weekends and it would cost us too much in gas because of where we live. I do not have a degree yet so I would not be making enough money to make any of the options that we have available worth it.

I just am so thankful to have such a hard working, honest (mostly) and loving, caring man in my life. He is an amazing father. He loves his kids so much and they look at him with the most adoring and loving eyes I have ever seen. If he doesn't come home, they know it and they are sad, very sad little people. I don't know what I would do without him and I love him so much.

That's it... I just had to get all that off my chest. Thanks for reading.

No comments: