Monday, June 9, 2008

a taste of summer... or spring

This last weekend was B-E-A-UTIFUL! In the mornings, though it was cold, you could see bits of sunshine peeking out of the clouds and hear the birds singing and all that fun nature type stuff that happens. As Scott put it to me after cleaning out the car early Saturday morning, "You know how when it is so quiet after it rains that you can almost hear stuff growing?" How sweet was that?! When he says stuff like that I know why I married him all over again. Right when I am about to feel like he doesn't notice little things or he feels possibly like I don't, he says something like that that just melts me.

This weekend was Izzy's foray into some serious 2 group foods. She ate some vanilla biter biscuits and had some peaches, oats and plums, I think it was. That girl knows how to eat! She loves food, she starts shivering and shaking when we put her in the high chair, and then she attacks the spoon like her life depends on it until the jar is gone, empty... not a single scraping of food left. It's amazing!

Now, today, Monday it is raining and not quite as cold as it has been. I am taking that as a good sign. Hopefully we'll be seeing summer soon.

No comments: