Thursday, January 1, 2009

Warm feelings

The other day I made chicken soup for dinner. It is one of my favorite things to make when it is cold outside. Here is my recipe:



2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup rough chopped onion
1 cup rough chopped celery
1 cup rough chopped carrot
4 cloves chopped garlic
1 bunch rough chopped Italian parsley
4 bay leaves
all purpose seasoning
salt
pepper
2/3 cup orzo pasta

6 - 8 cups chicken broth (preferably homemade with chicken in it)


combine everything but the broth in a large pot and sautee for about 8 minutes. Add broth and cook until boiling. Boil for 20 minutes until pasta is tender.


Eat. Enjoy. Warm up.




As a separate note, I finished my first hat today. It is beautiful! I love the yarn, it is a hand spun wool from the Manos del Uruguay project. It supports women in Uruguay and is just lovely. It has this neat uneven quality about it that just makes me comfortable. Here is my hat. I got the design from HERE. (Jen there is one in the works for you that will match your scarf and then Heather's is next. I am still picking out her yarn.)


No comments: