Wednesday, May 4, 2011

OH. MY. GOD.

I literally have just had the best day of my entire life.

I went kayaking today with my dear friend Tara and her boyfriend Matt, along with another coworker from work. It was my first time and I am absolutely IN LOVE with it. I can only compare what happened to me today with the way that I felt after giving birth to my children. Ecstatic, Elated, Scared Shitless, Crying, laughing and Screaming all at once.

I was screamin' and paddlin' and just going down the river. Tara and I shared a "duckie" kayak and had a blast. Tara is pretty scared of water and even though Matt has been getting her out on the river a lot lately, she still has fears. Today however was different. We were a team and I know rivers and she knows how to paddle. Together we made it and we didn't have to flip or swim even once.

We kicked ASS! There is no other way of describing this and Oh God, it was so so much fun.


On top of that, we were going near sundown so we were able to catch the sunset as it went down behind the mountains behind us at one point. It was so absolutely beautiful and inspiring that I cried. I cried so hard and so happily, I have never done this before.

I just got through reading a beautiful book, called Modoc. It was is about the greatest elephant that ever lived and by the far the most amazing elephant trainer in the world. These two had been born in the same hour, on the same day on the same farm. They were connected and literally spent their entire lives together. They had ups and downs and some insane adventures. At one point in the book, they are at an Elephantarium in Calcutta, India. A man tells the trainer something about their spirituality. He says that man needs to remember to listen to the song in nature, that every little thing is something and that we are all connected as one and with nature.

I have always tried to do what is right by the earth and by myself at the same time. Today however changed me. I felt that connection. I cried as I tore through the waves and laughed at exactly the same time. I wasn't sad or scared. I was happy, I felt my spirit had connected with my friend and with the water and with the sky. I felt complete the entire trip.

And now.. I am back home and sitting here on this computer so completely removed from that situation. However, I am going to carry it with me. I am going to dream about it and relive it as often as I can. If I could, I would be on the water absolutely everyday like I was today. I have never felt so good and so alive.

No comments: