Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh brother

Given the recent amount of girlish screams and brotherly growls amidst all the hitting, kicking, squashing, yelling, biting and sometimes head banging "play" that goes on around here I have had to adjust some of my rules.


For instance, Isabella now knows what a time out is. She loves to bite Adrien in self defense or maybe just because... She sits better than Adrien does, which is weird if you ask me.


Adrien in turn, has had to start giving his sister hugs and kisses after timeouts and say he's sorry. He is starting to like the time outs, I think it actually gives him some time to himself. In light of this, I have started to make them a little longer. Instead of a two minute time out, he now has a three minute time out. I have noticed that he starts to understand at about 2 1/2 minutes that it is a punishment not a trip to solo land.


On a brighter note though, he does seem to be listening to me much better. He tests, as every kid does and usually I have to say something three times to get it through. I feel like we are making progress with him though.

We'll see how it works out.

No comments: