Saturday, July 5, 2008

"Dad!"

Adrien has started to use my tone when he doesn't want something that Scott is trying to give him... It's really quite funny. He looks at Scott and just simply says "Dad..!" But the tilt of the head and the look, the way he says it like he is exasperated by what he is doing... It's precious.

Last night we stayed in with the kids and had them to bed by 8:30. It was great, Scott and I played cards and happily watched as all four sides of our house slowly became surrounded by fireworks. We could see the fireworks at Edgewater Park, Burlington and so many other places. Not to mention all the private fireworks that were happening. It was beautiful. I think that next year we will just throw a party here and relax and BB Q instead of going anywhere.

In other news, Monday is my and Scott's 2 year wedding anniversary. It seems amazing to me that we have been together for almost 6 years and known each other for 8 already. To say that it is our 2 year anniversary feels like I am chipping time away from something that has meant so much to me over the years. But we aren't doing anything yet. We have some plans at the end of the month that may or may not happen, either way though we love each other and cherish every moment we've had. There are days when I get up and I just can't believe I have been so lucky to have this man in my life. He is amazing. And yes, we fight we nit pick at each other but in the end it doesn't matter. What matters is that we have two beautiful children and we love each other deeply and without boundaries.

No comments: