Wednesday, July 9, 2008

loving summer


Today as I was hanging my laundry to dry there was a breeze. Such a nice, cool, soft breeze. I closed my eyes for just a second and relished it. I think that is one of my favorite things about summer. I was so hot and tired and then the next thing I know this breeze comes along and lifts the sheet to my face. It just felt so good.



We also have built a compost bin, out of pallets. It's great! I wasn't so sure, initially how it was going to turn out. But, we put some chicken wire on the inside to keep the nieghbor's dog out and other wandering critters. And, I made a chicken wire lid for it too. I also have a place on the other side for all my garden tools to hang when not in use. I think it will work out pretty well. The next thing we are going to be doing is planting a few roses and morning glories or clematis'. I hope I haven't quite missed the growing season on those. Unfortunately, I don't know how long this weather is going to last and I am afraid I missed tomato season, I have planted some carrots, though and maybe some corn this weekend. I am thinking about doing some potatoes as well. Next year, I am going to be so much more prepared for all of this stuff. Living here has sort of thrown me for a loop, I wasn't expecting to have a garden like this yet and it's wonderful, but challenging to be working from such an empty slate.

I love Ebay! For the past three days I have been carefully watching a Kelty Kids carrier for Adrien. Today, I won it!! It is so thrilling. On Friday, I have another one ending for Izzy. Hopefully I will get that one too. We really need some heavy duty carriers for hiking around here. We tried to go do some light hiking this past weekend at Deception Point, unfortunately it didn't work out and we ended up just hanging out at the beach and playground. That was nice too, just not exactly what we had wanted to do.

No comments: