Monday, July 21, 2008

hiking and jam




Friday, our second hiking carrier arrived for Isabella. I was so excited, I took it out of the box and got it all fitted for her in less than 6 minutes. I have been wanting to go hiking since we first moved to Washington and last year having a troubled pregnancy it was so out of the question. Now that I finally can go, I am stoked.
Saturday we headed up to Deception Pass, which is thankfully only about a 30 minute drive for us. It was a beautiful day, after 12 and the kids were in a great mood. All in all the whole thing turned out really well. We did a short hike from the beach area to the boat launch area and then did another loop while in the middle letting Adrien play on the beach a bit. This hike was more of a getting to know your carrier and dealing with it hike. Scott's is a bit older than mine and he doesn't like it so much. Adrien will grow out of it much faster though, so he is just going to have to suffer. Isabella loves to see everything. She was laughing and giggling and talking away. Adrien had picked out a little Hot Wheels car at the store on Friday and hadn't let go of it since, even all through the hike and the beach. It's been in the tub, outside, in the car, EVERYWHERE. He also got a new pair of sunglasses, which apparently give him super human fast powers..




Isabella had a dried apricot to chew on and she was so intent on it that she refused to breastfeed and wouldn't let go of it the whole time, either. She's kind of a chow monkey.


Yesterday I made some jam. YUMMY! It is so good. It is strawberry raspberry jam with some lemon zest. I love it and am going to make more tonight. I have a ton of strawberries and I don't want them going to waste.

No comments: