Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bad Day Blues



The other day I finally got around to putting some plants on my patio. This is my favorite thing to do. I can plan what kind of flowers and plants and herbs I will grow at my house in the future. In my dream garden there are flowers and plants everywhere, with little fairie bobs and what not. I even want a lawn gnome... I know, it's crazy, but I do. I will have a short brick fence around my garden with a beautiful archway covered with climbing roses, pink jasmine and morning glory. I will have gerbera daisies everywhere and columbines everywhere else. I will have roses of every kind and color. I will have cherry trees and willow to sit and read under. I can't wait..


Other than this though, my son seems to be having a bad day. Actually, a bad few days. He has been so cranky and tired, I don't know what to do for him. We have taken him to the park, for walks. He isn't eating very well, if he eats at all. At first I thought it was because he is asserting his independence, but I'm not so sure anymore. He might be feeding off his father and I. Scott goes to training next week and for a month he will be gone Sunday night through Thursday night. It really should not be that awful, but the kids enjoy their afternoon time with Scott. They have all grown to really love it. I worry about how they will feel and what is going to happen in the middle of the night when there is two babies screaming at me. I don't know who to take care of first, I have heard opposing views on it all the time. I know that I will be lonely, but all at the same time, I know that for the kids it will be worse. They don't understand what will be going on and that makes me sad. The mood has been rather melancholy here, perhaps that is what is affecting my little man.

No comments: