Thursday, April 10, 2008

Last day of training this week

I am so very ready for Scott to get home. I feel like such a wimp, there are military wives and whatnot that handle this so much better than I. And I even get to see my husband on the weekends and it's only for a month... WIMP! I think that part of the problem is that Scott and I are really our only friends. We were talking about that the other day before he left and it really is quite sad. But what are we gonna do? We can't afford a babysitter that we can trust and his Mom is still "young" enough to go out and do things and his brother... well don't get me started. My family all lives in California and so we have no babysitters. We got invited to a Passion Party at one of his coworkers houses next weekend and even though we want to go, if for no other reason than to get out of the house. Plus, these are really the only people close to our age that Scott and I know at the moment, so why not give it a try, right? Well... the person in our lives who could babysit would probably get jealous of us and so we can't really ask said person to do it. But, we can't bring the kids... that's wrong on so many levels. So, Scott really wants to go and I said that if he wants to go by himself thats fine, I've already been to one of these. I didn't really like it anyway. The "Fun games" is usually just stuff they have you put on your skin and I can't do those because I have super, super sensitive skin. I once switched facial scrubs only to have my whole face start peeling and breaking out after the first try. It's pretty ridiculous.

Ok, enough ranting. It has been so beautiful here the past two days. There have been blue skies, sunny weather and only a sweatshirt required. Absolutely gorgeous. I always joke with Scott that Washington in the spring is like California in the winter. I've been taking the kids out for walks and they seem to each get a kick out of it. Adrien of course loves to chase the nieghbors cat and the birds. Izzy just laughs the whole time, really it's "haha and hehe" the length of the walk and back. I just know that once she starts walking I'm in for one heck of a ride. They are going to be in so much mischief all the time. I absolutely can't wait. They already laugh at each other and play in the car. Izzy will make a noise and Adrien will make it back at her... it's cute.

I don't think this blog today really had any significant value. I have so much on my mind and I still have not done the sugar cookies. I will probably get to those this weekend, which means I'll have to make chocolate chip for Scott too.

ok... I'm done. Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy this beautiful weather!

No comments: